Make Your Voice Heard:
3 Ways to Make Your Voice Heard and show how short-term rentals help support our families, jobs, local neighborhood businesses, and the City’s growth.
#1) Attend and speak at the next STRAC meeting:
There are opportunities for public comment at these meetings and it is important for your voice to be heard. We will be monitoring how STRAC will be accomodating public comment in the COVID environment and will share what we learn.
Upcoming STRAC (Short-Term Rental Advisory Committee) Meetings:
- The April STRAC meeting has been canceled
- Tuesday, June 9
- Tuesday, August 11
- Tuesday, October 13
- Tuesday, December 8
#2) Speak at City Council Meetings:
Denver City Council meetings take place twice a month on the first and third Monday. Each speaker gets three minutes to speak. All details can be found here. If you are interested in learning more and getting involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Denver City Council is making decisions week by week during the COVID crises on whether to allow public comment, so please refer to their web page for that information.
#3) Schedule Coffee with your City Council Member:
Email email@example.com and we will help you schedule a 1:1 appointment with your city council member. They are happy to meet with you as this is part of their responsibility as representatives of us all. These meetings can be via phone or virtual meetings (e.g. Zoom, Facetime, etc).
The Mile High Host community is made up of a wide variety of individuals, from a host renting a room in their house to Realtors wanting to keep up on the latest short-term rental regulations and property managers managing numerous properties throughout the city. We want to provide resources to help you navigate these rapidly changing times.
Coronavirus Survival Kit for STR Hosts:
Industry experts, Jasper Ribbers and Eric Moeller have put together a tool kit for individuals hosts. They gathered tips, tricks, tools and resources to save you time and help your STR business survive.
The kit is designed to help you:
- Survive and thrive through this crisis
- Maintain occupancy
- Stay in business
- Prepare for the opportunities that will come
This kit is only $7 to download and jam-packed with helpful information and resources.
VRMA COVID-19 Resources:
While VRMA is an organization geared toward the professional short-term rental property manager, they have compiled helpful information and resources to navigate the uncertain time ahead.
Click here to view the massive list of resources they’ve compiled.
When all else fails and you need to blow off some steam, keep in mind that you can support your local restaurants and order cocktails to go. Westword put together a piece highlighting which restaurants are serving craft cocktails to go. One trend that has emerged from this pandemic is the proliferation of virtual happy hours — we truly are a species that thrives off of human connection. Cheers!
Here are a handful of additional articles and local resources:
Forbes Article: Here’s What To Do If You Need Help With Your Mortgage Payment During The Coronavirus Outbreak (The main thing is to talk to your mortgage servicer, but know that these will have to be made up eventually)
Every other Wednesday in April and May, The Justice Center will be offering free legal advice over the phone for call-in participants. Please call 719-473-6212 during clinic hours to participate. Click here to learn more.
As life as we know it comes to a slowdown, if not a halt, we are given the opportunity to reflect on what we have and all that we are grateful for. While I have felt especially grateful to have a roof over my head and food in my refrigerator, there are individuals experiencing homelessness that don’t have the ability to ‘stay home’ and away from potential exposure to COVID-19. People experiencing homelessness are at particular risk for spreading the virus because often they live in close quarters with extremely limited sanitation facilities. In order to prevent the community spread of the virus in homeless shelters and public spaces, there is a dire need for space for individuals experiencing homelessness.
Mile High Hosts has reached out to our local city representatives letting them know our hosting community is aware of this need. We understand that opening up your space to those in need is not something everyone is comfortable doing, but for anyone who might have a usable space is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org, and volunteers are asked to reach out to the Mile High United Way or the Denver Rescue Mission atunitedwaydenver.org/volunteer or DenverRescueMission.org/volunteer, respectively.
Read more about this from the Denver Posts here.
A Step in the Right Direction
Since conception in 2008, Airbnb properties have taken on many shapes and sizes, from renting an air mattress on a living room floor to full homes that can sleep large groups. More recently the talk of the town has been ‘party houses’, which have unfortunately been the scene of open-invite parties and gun violence.
In response to these recent events, including deadly shootings in other cities, Airbnb announced at the end of last year that they would be banning party houses including parties in condos and apartments. Airbnb has created a Neighborhood Support site with contact info to report parties or disturbances: https://www.airbnb.com/neighbors. Additionally, Airbnb says it’s opening a dedicated hotline for mayors and city officials. We are eager to see these steps taken in order to protect not only our guests and hosting community, but our city at large.
Denver Host Linen Drive
Mile High Hosts are happy to announce our first Home-Sharing Linen Drive! Home-sharing often results in quality sheets and towels that aren’t “guest perfect”, but still have a lot of life left in them. This holiday season, our goal is to collect as many usable sheets, pillowcases, blankets, duvet covers, towels and washcloths as possible to package and donate to local families and shelters (for both people and animals!). We ask that you label sheets with their sizes to aid our “elf specialists” in their task of sorting and packaging what will be mountains of linens for families.
We will be accepting donations from Tuesday, December 17th to Thursday, December 19th between the hours of 9AM-5PM daily at the following locations:
- 2612 E 13th Avenue (a residential home) – drop on front porch – feel free to send Gretchen a text when you make your linen drop
- Highline Management at 1815 N Federal Blvd
- Platte Park 1620 S Emerson St Denver 80210 (if you drop your linens & towels off here, please place items in the box on the covered porch area on the right side of the house down the wooden walkway)
If you can’t drop off between those hours, you can coordinate a different time or possible pickup with Gretchen or Jim of Denver Superhosts by texting (720) 235-8123 – contact that number or email info@DenverSuperHosts.com with “Linen Drive” in the subject line with any questions you may have.
Mile High Hosts thank you in advance for your generosity!
Just north of downtown, you will find Denver’s most distinctive neighborhood—RiNo. Also known as the River North Arts District, this community is packed with galleries, shops, studios, and boundless murals. Immerse yourself in a dense pocket of Denver culture filled with delectable food and beverage spots!
Here’s our top 5 list:
1. Improper City – Food trucks, local music, craft drinks, and a MASSIVE patio. They also open at 7am on weekdays for you folks that ‘work remote.’
2. First Draft – A craft beer lover’s dream. 40 taps of beer, wine, and cider with no lines! Pour your own and leave the crowded bar scene in the past.
3. Death & Company – Perfect spot to get unique, handcrafted cocktails and small bites before or after hitting the town.
4. Finn’s Manor – Open back patio with rotating food trucks outside, cozy bar with 400 whiskeys inside. Need we say more?
5. Fish N Beer – Do you have hesitations about seafood in this coastally-challenged city? If so, Fish N Beer will squash them. Always delicious, always fresh.
Maximize Your Vacation Rental Property In May 2019
Wake up and smell the flowers AND Maximize Your Rental Property In May 2019! As the weather warms up and the school year comes to a close, May signals the unofficial start of Summer and the official start of Summer Vacation. Families everywhere will start to look outward, away from the busy bustle of the cities and look to get away to the serene and ever-so-scenic vacation destinations that Colorado has to offer. These upcoming May events are sure to attract a large number of visitors from all over! Effortless Rental Group can make keeping your rental property booked out all May long feel… effortless! Make sure you’re not caught sleeping when the snow starts to melt!
81st Annual Cañon City Music and Blossom Festival
When: May 1st – May 5th
Where: Cañon City
About: This all-around festival features music, parades, and more including: high-school bands, orchestras, and choirs from all over the country. This festival also includes Colorado’s longest running Rodeo: the Royal Gorge Rodeo.
147th Annual Royal gorge Rodeo
When: May 3rd and 4th
Where: Cañon City
About: As part of the Music and Blossom Festival, this rodeo is the longest continuous rodeo in Colorado. This rodeo features: wild horse racing, bull riding, barrel racing, bronc riding and more.
Denver Bacon and Beer Classic
When: May 11th
About: Held in Broncos stadium at Mile High, this will feature a ton of craft beers and over 100 different bacon dishes!
Upslope Get Down
When: May 11th
About: This 3-stage music festival is hosted by Upslope Brewing Company and features activities for the whole family.
Spread The Word Music Fest
When: May 17th – May 19th
Where: Downtown Denver
About: With over 60 bands and 10 stages, this is awesome music festival showcases local Colorado talent over three days.
Chicken Fight Fest
When: May 23rd
About: This Everything Fried Chicken & Craft Cocktail festival features 40+ restaurants competing to see who really have the best dish!
When: May 24th – May 27
Where: Buena Vista
About: Kick off the paddling season with PaddleFest and help raise money for The River Fund at Chaffee County Community Foundation. This features a ton of educational activities for paddlers of all ages.
Effortless Rental Group: Maximize Your Rental Property During These March Events.
As February comes to a close, Colorado prepares to host these March events that are sure to bring in large crowds of tourists, athletes, and lovers of the arts, winter sports, and more. Make sure that your are maximizing your short-term and long-term rental properties throughout this exciting month by trusting your properties to our rental management team.
Effortless Rental Group will not only save you the time and hassle of listing your properties, we work to ensure that your rental properties stay booked and visible across all major platforms. Check out our services as well as these upcoming events for the month of March:
37TH ANNUAL BURTON US OPEN SNOWBOARDING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- February 25-March 2, 2019
- Golden Peak, Vail, CO
- The 37th installment of the Men’s and Women’s Snowboarding Championship
2019 Rocky Mountain Horse Expo
- March 1-3, 2019
- Denver, CO
- More than 300 vendors will fill the trade show floor with the most innovative and exciting equine-related products and services
Power of Four Ski Mountaineering Race
- March 2, 2019
- Aspen, CO
- Ski mountaineering race over all four of Aspen’s famed mountains. You’ll climb (or watch others climb) 11,500 feet of vertical over 25 miles, including the epic Highlands Bowl.
Colorado Special Olympics Winter Games
- March 2 – 3, 2019
- Copper Mountain, CO
- Copper is the official winter training site for all Colorado-based winter Special Olympics athletes, as well as the official host resort for the Winter Games.
- March 5, 2019
- Breckenridge, CO
- Each year Mardi Gras lovers take over Breckenridge with masks, beads, music and entertainment to commemorate the carnival season.
7TH Annual ReFrame Film Festival
- March 8, 2019
- Fort Collins, CO
- A film festival that features short-films with the intention of ReFraming disability in order to promote disability awareness.
Monte Vista Crane Festival
- Fri-Sun, March 8-10, 2019
- Monte Vista, CO
- 36th annual Crane Fest, celebrates the annual migration of cranes that has been going on for years
Frozen Dead Guy Days
- Fri-Sun, March 8-10, 2019
- Nederland, CO
- In its 18th year with contests, competitions, live music, great food, parades and parties.
Fiesta For All: Hispanic and Latin Music and Dance
- March 15th and 16th, 2019.
- Denver, CO
- A Concert series that showcases and celebrates Hispanic and Latin dance music. This concert series aims to Build Community Through Music.
USASA National Championships
- March 29-April 3, 2019
- Copper Mountain, CO
- Snowboard athletes compete in halfpipe, slopestyle, boardercross and alpine disciplines across 33 divisions.
Maximize Your Vacation Rental In April 2019
As the snow begins to melt and we say our goodbyes to all of Denver’s exciting winter festivities and attractions, we can now look forward to spring and warmer weather that will surely bring in the summer crowds. As always, this is a great opportunity to maximize your vacation rental in April 2019 and keep your rental property booked out. An easy way to ensure that you are getting the most out of your short-term or vacation rental property is to have a company that does short-term rental management look after the property for you.
Effortless Rental Group will not only save you the time and hassle of listing your properties, we work to ensure that your rental properties stay booked and visible across all major platforms. Make sure that your are maximizing your short-term and long-term rental properties throughout this exciting month by trusting your properties to our rental management team.
Check out our services as well as these exciting events that are coming to Denver in April 2019:
- April 3-6, 2019
- Vail, CO
- The 29th annual installment of this enormous food and wine festival
Bud Light Rocks the Boat
- On April 6th and 13th, 2019
- Steamboat Springs, CO
- A free concert series now in its 20th season, featuring a variety of music genres including performances by The Commonheart and Magic Giant.
- April 2-7, 2019
- Aspen, CO
- In its 28th year celebrating one of the best short film festivals and Oscar-qualifying showcase.
- April 13, 2019
- Steamboat Springs, CO
- This hilarious race down Headwall consists of nothing except for homemade sleds made of only cardboard. The Cardboard classic is in its 39th year.
- April 14, 2019
- Steamboat Springs, CO
- This event features hilariously costumed skiers and riders that attempt to cross a pond at the base of the mountain. Followed by the Bud Light Rocks the Boat concert series.
- April 12-14, 2019
- Durango, CO
- A three-day long bluegrass music festival showcasing bands from around the country.
- April 25-28, 2019
- Carbondale, CO
- A film festival geared towards outdoor action and adventure. The 5Point Film kicks off its Flagship Festival in Carbondale every spring.
Maximize Your Vacation Rental During These Upcoming Colorado Events:
Colorado is one of the premier winter destinations in the world and February is an exciting month that you surely won’t want to miss out on! These Colorado Winter Festivals are sure to attract large crowds and this is a great opportunity to keep your rental property booked out. An easy way to ensure that you are getting the most out of your short-term or vacation rental property is to have a company that does short-term rental management look after the property for you. The services provided through a rental-management company will save you time and money, while ensuring that you are getting the most out of your rental property. This February Colorado will host:
- Date: Sat-Mon, January 25th-January 28, 2019
- City: Aspen (Snowmass), Colorado
- Winter extreme sports competition, music, food, nightlife activities
- Date: Wed-Fri, January 30th-February 1st, 2019
- City: Denver
- Outdoor industry product showcase
- Date: Wed-Sun, January 30-February 3, 2019
- City: Durango
- Parade, follies, and more
- Date: Sat, February 9, 2019
- City: Colorado Springs
- Cultural demonstrations, authentic food and music
- Date: Sat, February 10, 2019
- City: Lake City Ice Park
- Featuring men’s and women’s top-roped and lead speed competitions
- Date: February 10, 2019
- Address: Silverton, Co (change of location from Durango, CO)
- Snowshoe race includes a kids dash, 5K and 10K through the San Juan forest
- Date: Wed-Sun, February 6-10, 2019
- City: Downtown Steamboat Springs
- Ski races, ski jumping, ice sculptures, fireworks, a shovel race, street events, and more
- Date: Fri-Sun, February 8-17, 2019
- City: Downtown Cripple Creek
- Features ice sculptures in casino-friendly Wild West Cripple Creek
- Date: Fri-Sun, February 15-17, 2019
- City: Lake Dillon, Silverthorne
- An ice hockey tournament sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon, with over $10,000 in cash prizes. It’s followed by the Apres Ice Party.
- Date: Fri-Sun, February 22-24, 2019
- Address: Steamboat
- About: 12th annual festival showcasing national, regional and local bluegrass and acoustic roots music.
- Date: February 23, 2019
- City: Denver
- An indoor festival with a family friendly focus featuring kid-friendly activities, stages, and more.